Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014 - Beira

This week I can't even explain how many miracles we are seeing in our area. We had 7 complete investigator families at church even though it rained! We watched ‘Work of Salvation’ with our zone and are trying really hard to work with our branch leaders. We went and visited our branch president because he was coming off and on to church and not a lot was happening in our branch - We have a lot of inactive recent converts. So we just went and asked him how we could help and showed him that we support him and want to work together and it was a super nice lesson with his whole family. He had a super good plan in reactivating these families and asked our advice. So Sunday after church he schedules branch council and he sits down with us and all the leaders and he says “today we are not going to talk much I just want us all to come up with a list of in-active members and an area to start and we are going to go out and visit these families right now and give them home teachers and visiting teachers and next week we will gout with a different group and visit other inactives and give them home teachers and visiting teachers.” He really stepped up and has an inspired plan. I don't think I have been in a branch here where home teaching and visiting teaching has been really working but he has a whole plan of who everybody is going to account to and everything. We also visited our elders quorum president and had the same type of lesson and things went super well. The future of missionary work is the members! 
    This week we are going to baptize Zaria, the wife of Joao who passed away. They were taught pretty much of everything and were literally about to open the marriage process and get married. I know the relief society will help her a lot and she is a super strong lady.
     I am not sure if I wrote you guys or not about a new couple we found 2 weeks ago, Joao and Rosa, but they are one of the most prepared families I have taught. They have come to church twice, kept all their commitments and today we got all his marriage documents. By next week we should be able to open the process and they are getting baptized and married on march 8th. We also have like 4 or 5 super solid families in Macuti 2 which were references. 
    One of our investigators, Sergio, called me this week while we were out walking and was like ''I am kinda in a tough situation. I am in jail and my wife doesn't know yet'' and after he said that I tried to ask him questions but his phone didn't have very good connection so I couldn't understand anything, I tried calling him back but they took his phone from him - guess he only got one call and decided to call us. So we were super worried trying to figure out what happened. We talked to his wife later and she found out and told us what happened. So he is a guard for some Chinese guy and was working the night shift and fell asleep so when he fell asleep the place got robbed and the Chinese took him to prison. While he was there they found the stolen stuff so all charges against him got dropped but the police wouldn't let him out until he paid 2000 met. Super corrupt!  But anyways he got back and came to church we were able to talk to him he is super funny. Their area was super flooded and they came to church anyway. He may or may not lose his job though.
   We are going to have a lot of baptisms in March and April I think. The people here are just super prepared and as we work with the branch and take care of our recent converts the Lord will lead us to these families who will get baptized.
   I called some of the families I baptized down in Maputo and Aderito and Fatima the couple in the ‘It's a Miracle’ video (that the missionaries made) are planning to go to the temple! They already have passports which is the most expensive part! Andre and Maria are doing awesome. He told me that Stenio and Jr. are enrolled in missionary school (seminary).   Samuel and Maria both have callings - he is in the elders quorum presidency and is doing work. I talked to the Manga elders today they said Maria, a lady that Elder Ostler and I baptized, is still going strong. Now I just need to call Bobo, the guy I baptized in Inhamizua, and try to get him back active.
   We are just staying super super busy and the weeks are flying by! It's crazy. Thanks for the story you sent about Cathryn. That is awesome she is fine. You had me worried the whole letter. And as for the ASU info can you send that to me please? Thanks.  I just want to check some stuff. When you talk to Colton you will have to let me know and tell him to write. That is nuts he is already back. I am going to cry for sure when I leave. So many things have happened here on the mission and I don't want to go back to the world.
  Love ya guys,
                         Elder Bigelow

Oh and Lucia gets back tomorrow so we are going to go visit her.

No comments:

Post a Comment