Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014 - Beira

March 3, 2014

Our week here in Beira was pretty nice. We finally got Zaria baptized and we had a good turnout. We just put a bunch of disinfectant in the baptismal water. Tomorrow we are opening up the marriage process of Joao and Rosa, who were going to get married on the 8th but now want to wait til the 22nd. Also we are going to do documents with Sergio and Ana.  They don’t have money because he lost his job but our washer broke so we are going to pay Ana to wash our clothes and they can use the money to get documents. We finally watched ‘The Work of Salvation’ with our branch, or at least some of the members showed up, but I think it helped a lot.
   Before the mission I think I had some stress and anxiety problems and on the mission sometimes I get pretty stressed out. I think I am just getting scared that I am going into my last transfer next week. Trying to get everything good before I go and ending everything.
    I think I want to apply to BYU for the winter semester as soon as I get back though, because I have no friends in Phoenix at all, and maybe I could just work and save up a bunch before then and look for grants and scholarships. For me it would be cheaper than UVU but It might be hard to get accepted. I don't know, I am kind of thinking that it is better to work hard for something I really want than taking something I have but don't want. I don’t think ASU would be the best environment. What do you think? I could just find a job at home until then or up in Utah or something.
    Transfers are next week and there are going to be a ton of changes - I really hope I stay with Elder Peckham until I go home though. We are working super hard and should have 3 families baptized in March.
  Have you guys talked to Mitchell or Colton yet? How are they doing?
  How is David doing with schooling and everything?
    Love you guys,

                          Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment