Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13, 2012 - Nampula




       They call your 1st comp on your mission your dad and the 2nd your breaker because he breaks all the bad habits from your 1st transfer.  This week was hard but I learned a lot.  I feel like we did good work last transfer but now I see how much better it can and should be. We spent a lot of time with the same investigators who are good people but have just been being taught forever and are not really progressing. We have some that are and it's great - but we really need to just start finding! President Kretley has really been stressing this and now I see why. I don't know the area as well as I should or where all the members live so this transfer is going to be a lot of work - but I'm excited. This week I was pretty down on myself  and I spent a lot time worrying and praying, but now I know what I need to change. I'm just going to my hardest to have fun with it and be myself.              We had some pretty cool lessons this week!  I know there are people who are honestly ready and prepared for the gospel here - we just have to find them. I feel bad for Elder Bradford because I should know the area better but guess we are going to learn it together. Our area is huge and the 'roads' are so confusing.  I don't really know how to explain it but some places are just alley ways and trails between behind and in front of houses and there are a thousand ways to get places and a thousand ways to get lost.  I thought people's directions in Eagar were bad - but not even! We ask people 'Where do they live?' and honestly - no joke - they just say stuff like 'you just go to that mango tree la (and point in a direction which means like way out there) and turn right at the 3rd banana tree follow that one path and it's that one on the left behind some others.'   At first I thought they were joking but they are serious. Addresses don't exist.
          David man, good luck at school! Just have fun, dude, high school was the best! Pay attention in seminary and read your scriptures and things will go a lot better for you - I promise. You will have to write me and tell me about all the crazy stuff you did this summer. Plus you only have a 4 day week that's awesome!
         Dad, good luck with your powerplant class. How has work been going with Glen?
I love you guys and will try to send pictures home this week . Tell Anne and Wes and Rans and Katie 'hi' for me. I wrote Emily an email already today.
          I just read the whole talk by President Uchtdorf you sent me! Super true. Some other really awesome talks you guys should look up are 'Remember Lot's Wife' a BYU devotional by President Holland and 'Come what may and love it' - it was a confernce talk a couple of years ago but super good too.   

          These pictures are from Mozambique Island last week! I feel like Nampula is it's own mission. There are 4 of us and I hear all this stuff about the rest of the mission but we are so isolated! But pics are loading fast so I can try so send a lot. The one with the fire is here in Nampula but I never found out what burnt down - that is in the other companionship's area a couple of weeks ago.

Elder Bigelow













No comments:

Post a Comment