Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6, 2012 - Nampula / Mozambique Island


Dear Americanos,

     This week has been super crazy! My trainer, Elder Leake got transfered to T3 which is right next to Maputo and so I got a new companion - Elder Bradford. Elder Leake left Saturday but he was super sick all week so we weren't able to leave the house much at all.  So boring!  But I had a lot of time to study.
     With my new companion being new to the area I have to show him around and talk to everybody and kind of lead things out for a while. My Portuguese is still terrible, too, haha, and our area is half of Nampula!  It's going to be super tough, but my Portuguese should get a lot better (I hope).
     Today we went to Mozambique Island!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was legit!! I took a bunch of photos I will try to send in this email. We went with the Boninis who are a missionary couple from Brazil. It was alot of fun - super beautiful - and we walked around on the beaches and then ate at a super nice hotel. Day vacation!
    Happy Birthday Shima!
    Thank you for the recipes. I will take pictures if I get to make any.  It looks like I'm not going to be able to send many pics home today they won't really load.
     We have some super good investigators but I really need to learn this language! - it's killing me! But I know the gospel is true and I was called here to share it with these people. Mozambique is so ready for it. Hope you guys all had a good week.
    Today was awesome and this week will be an adventure for sure!

                       ate logo
                       Elder Bigelow



No comments:

Post a Comment