Monday, September 10, 2012

September 10, 2012 - Nampula


I AM GETTING TRANSFERED TO DOM DO!
          I just barely found out!  Shoot - I am so excited and nervous! I really hope I showed my comp everything and everyone I knew here. Dom do is right outside of Beira but it is like a small jungle town. I hear there are monkeys everywhere. I don’t even know what to say or think right now, I’m so excited.  My new comp will be Elder Lopes - he looks native so I might be forced to really learn Portuguese the hard way - which is probably what I need. I’m kind of scared. If anything has come out of Nampula I have definitely learned a lot. I have just been a nervous wreck this week and I think the Larium is really messing with me. I am never going to take that stuff again. I bought a nice camera and have been trying to get pics with people and places but I wish I would have done a better job taking more. I will leave in 2 or 3 days. 
        We have had some good lessons. I am sad I will not see Joseph be baptized. But dang it will be nice to start over in a new area. I will just be hard to stop worrying about everything here.  Elder Bradford has been a great comp and really helped me a lot. Missionary work is crazy.  There is nothing better than the feeling after a good lesson but nothing worse than the feeling after a bad one.
       This week Elder Bradford was sick for 2 days so we didn't get a whole lot done. Next week I will be emailing you from Beirra probably.
         My companion will be Elder Lopes. He is native so I will be forced to speak a lot more Portuguese. I have loved Nampula and will try to take more pics before I leave. President called and said my job is to really help Elder Lopes and to be exactly obedient to Preach My Gospel.  I will miss these people. I  made a lot of mistakes here in Nampula but I have learned so much and really tried to work right and work hard.  Change is going to be exciting but hard. I know it is what the Lord wants so come what may and love it!
     Today we might buy some lion claw and I think I am going to leave some money here so the elders can have some people make a nativity set out of this sick wood. They have some amazing African sculptures here in Nampula and I thought you would love one, Mom.
     What is up with Anne and Wes?  I have not heard from them one time out here!
     Tell Dad and Ransom good luck. I hope everything goes well for them. I love all you guys and thanks for the emails!

Elder Bigelow






No comments:

Post a Comment