Monday, November 12, 2012

November 12, 2012 - Manga


Dear Family,
          This week was disappointing.  We had some good lessons with people and found some cool new families, but nobody new came to church. We left early to pick people up and still nobody came. It's so hard to get people to make church a priority.  Any little thing comes up and they won't come. We are really looking for better ways to help people come. I know once they come they will feel the difference and feel the spirit. Our church is one of the only ones here that doesn't dance, play rock music or cast out bad spirits.
        I'm learning on the mission though to not get discouraged or worry about things out of our control. You just have to worry about yourself and what you can do while looking for the joy in journey.
          We have 1 progressing family who are way awesome and Maria, a girl who is about 27, we are going to baptize on the 1st. And a really cool guy named Francisco who is super close to getting married. I'm way excited for them. Yesterday in church we watched the priesthood session of conference which was way nice.
         I'm going to go home and be a pitcher because I'm getting way good at hitting down mangas with other mangas because I'm learning from the best manga throwers in the world. I probably ate like 20 mangas this week. The transfer is already half over which is crazy! I'm going to have so many crazy contacting stories by the end of my mission. I need to start writing them down everyday in my journal.
         We have a way nice branch and I love the members. They are helping a ton and all of them are super excited about missionary work - it's awesome. This month we should have a couple of marriages. And in December, too, but we will see what happens. We spend a ton of time trying to help people see the importance of marriage and help them and I think I'm going to actually see some happen in the next couple of transfers.
         I heard Holden turned in his papers! You guys will have to let me know where he is going - that's awesome. And pretty soon it will be David and Hayden's turn.  Keep me updated on Round Valley mission calls and tell David to get the heck better!  I can't believe Conrad is already 5 way crazy and Rans and Katie will have another boy when I get home! They should name him Tualufo. Just kiddin but it's funny to hear all the crazy names here. Either they are way common like Joao or super crazy. We met a couple who named their little boy Pinkie yesterday! Or some people just have some random English word for a name. 
            Tender mercies are everywhere even though sometimes they may be hard to find but you just have to be looking. I'm so grateful for this Gospel and for the Plan Heavenly Father has created for us!
                                                    Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment