Monday, November 5, 2012

November 5, 2012 - Manga


This week we brought a white guy to church. It was one of those old guys who's parents are from Greece.  I don't think he liked church very much. He reminded a lot of Grampa though, it was funny. At church I actually just got to go and sit through the lessons - I didn't have to go to primary or anything.  We had quite a few investigators at church but we don't have very many progressing. We are trying to get 4 couples married this month. We told them if they get married we will make the cakes for the party.
      Last night for P-day Eve we made mango pancakes with pineapple syrup! It was nice! There are so many mangos here and fruit I have never even heard of.  Last week we went to a family night with a bunch of members and it way fun. So we played a game where you take a Fanta bottle and you stack matches on the top and you go around the circle taking turns and the goal is to get rid of all your matches but if you make any fall you have to keep them. This week there seemed to be a ton of drunk people. I think Wednesday might have been a holiday because people were drinking like it was New Years.
       Contacts aren't very fun but we always meet new people and have some funny stories. We had some pretty funny lessons too.
       Mom, things I need in my package are floss picks and what I asked you last week are the only things I can think of. We were actually listening to Michael McLean on my comps iPod this week and I told him you know him!  I’m glad you and Anne and Emily had fun at that conference. [Time Out for Women]
       Manga is good.  I'm still super lost in my area but I have time to learn it. It's crazy to think back home everyone has a car and just go places whenever they want like exactly to the place! It's weird to think I had a car. Whenever we see houses with cars we contact them. Getting chapas from Manga to Beira is always crazy because there are about 100 people always trying to get on 1 chapa.
     Things are going good and I'm learning a lot. I can't believe it's already November! But the days fly by here. I think today we are going to go eat at an Indian restaurant! They make good food. It seems like every single big nice house here is owned by Muslims. It's disappointing when you are contacting. Well sorry this e mail is kinda random and short but I still have to write President so thanks for the emails.
 
                                                            Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment