Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August 12, 2013 - Matola

Hey guys,
    Transfers were super crazy again!! Me and Elder Fontes have been asking to stay together at least one more but we had like 15 new elders arrive last week. I am training here in my area Elder Ebmeyer from Provo and Elder Fontes is staying here in the same house but is training in a different area. Also elder Ensaldo is training here in our house so we have 3 new missionaries in our house I am pumped. I have never even lived in the same house as a brand new elder so it is pretty funny seeing what they think about things. It feels like just last transfer I was in their shoes up in Nampula. 
   Dondo opened back up!! 2 elders went up there. This week was district conference and Elder Cook from the seventy came Saturday and I saw Fatima. Sunday I saw a lot of people from Maputo and President showed that video of Elder Anderson and all the couples. I almost started crying! It helped our investigators a ton. I have the coolest mission in the world! Our 2 families are doing awesome if it wasn’t for stupid marriage documents they would already be baptized, but we are still waiting for documents to show up. It was awesome last night, me and Elder Ebmeyer went to teach Andre and Maria the 10 comandments and they asked about tithing and said they wanted to know how to pay so they could start. So we taught them and they were super happy and said they want to start now to get the blessings. Also Samuel and Maria asked us about tithing this week and said they want to start paying. We need to find a lot of new families - we have been finding and dropping a lot.
     Monday I got to be the cobrador in our chapa (the guy who collects the money and calls out the stops). Our chapa didn’t have one so I went up to the front and I knew everybody was going to start laughing and they always say stuff in dialect and do weird things so I started calling the stops and saying stop and go in dialect and everybody was just bustin’ up. It’s so funny how chapas are such a part of culture and everyday life here. I was hoping to get our ride for free for collecting but the driver still made us pay!!
    That is super crazy Colton and Brandon are comps!! Well everything is going great. I finished my journal this week so I am starting another and trying to do better writing all the stuff that I don’t email home so  don’t ever forgot all the crazy stuff about this place.
    Well, love ya guys!
  Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment