Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26, 2013 - Matola

     I just got the best phone call!  The Beira zone leaders have Samuel’s birth certificate in their hands and are sending it to Maputo today! Holy smokes - we waited forever to finally get that thing! And Andre’s brother is also sending his this week! I know I have been saying this for like the last month but its finally really happening and so both should be married and baptized the last weekend of the transfer!
      This week was super nice! We got a new presidency yesterday in our branch and I am pumped! Our president already wants to have a meeting with all the missionaries. And this week we watched ‘The Work of Salvation’, the first presidency broadcast, and it is super powerful!! So it was a few weeks late and I don’t think our mission will be using ipads anytime soon but it was nice.
   And two nights ago we were way out in our area and walking along the highway to the chapa stop and this huge truck almost stops and then just keeps going and I told my comp ‘Hey that was President Kretley, I swear. But maybe not, he just left.’ Then like 5 minutes later President and Sister Kretley pull up right next to us and give us a ride home. They were on their way back from South Africa. And they gave us Snickers!! Sister Kretley had a volleyball she said they are going to give to all the kids out in Luaha. [Luaha is that little tiny village up North where the missionaries would go for a few days at a time and camp out. Ryan got to go not very long after he got to Mozambique and he just loved it!] President Kretley is going to go out there soon because missionaries stopped going right after I went. 
   Well love you guys! Tell David good luck in school for me!

                                       Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment