Monday, September 9, 2013

September 9, 2013 - Matola

This week was pretty crazy. We finally opened Samuel and Maria’s
marriage process and will do Andre and Maria this week for sure! 
     Wednesday we did divisions and I walked with Elder Reed who is new 
in this area and we had a lot of lessons fall through but we were doing contacts door
to door, something we don’t do a ton of in my area because its super
open and things are pretty spread out, but we knocked on one door and
this old guy who was wearing safety goggles was there and we ended
talking to him and turns out he was the first branch president in
Matola in like 2003! He had some kind of memory loss disease but he
showed us a ton of pictures with him and missionaries and members who
are still in our branch and we got to talk to him for a while and
invite him back to church but this week he wasn’t able to make it.
       There is a new mission rule that every time we teach a commandment we 
have to have a member present. It is going to be hard getting this to happen
but it will help a ton.
     Well I know my last couple of letters have been kinda lame but I
will just share a quick experience that was pretty cool I had this
week. So remember when I told you how Bobo who was baptized in
Inhamizua moved to Nampula and went inactive so I felt like I should
tell him to read 2nd Nephi 31 and invite him to church? Anyways he
went and called me and loved it and said he was going to go back but after
that one Sunday he never went back again so I was super sad but this
week I tried calling him but no answer. But I felt like I should text
him again and send another scripture. The problem was I had no idea
what scripture I just knew I had to send him one. So I prayed and just
asked ‘if I really am supposed to send him a scripture please show me
which one’ and opened up my BOM to Moroni 7. And I was like ‘ok this is
a good one I guess I will send it’ but then I had a feeling it wasn’t
the right one and keep looking. So I went backwards and felt like I
should read Moroni 6. You have to read that chapter and tell me it’s
not the perfect scripture to invite someone back to activity in the
church! It was super cool. So I sent him a message. So far he hasn’t
responded but I really hope he read it.
     Today we went bowling. Our week was super nice just trying to find
new families that will progress but right now we have 3 that are doing
super good.

Well love all ya guys
Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment