Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013 - Matola

     This week was awesome! Zone conference was super nice but I was in and out because Elder Ebmeyer was throwing up all day. We had the area psychiatrist come talk to us and it was really cool.
    Samuel and Maria’s wedding was super simple. They only had a few family members and surprisingly no singing. I think it was the first time any of them had ever been to a Mozambican wedding. But afterwards we ate cake and pop at the church. The whole thing took maybe an hour and then they invited us to their house where Ricardo and Lina, the last couple we baptized, helped them throw a small party and we ate lunch and listened to Bryan Adams.   
   Ivan, the second counselor in our branch and who made everything work for the wedding, baptized Samuel and Maria, and Elder Ebmeyer baptized their two daughters. Everyone showed up like an hour late for the baptism but everything went super well. They have super strong testimonies and I am super excited to walk with them to other investigators houses. He has a truck and it’s usually full of people from his area coming to church every week. He is going to help the church a lot. 
    Tonight we are going with a member family, Stelho and Sandra, to Andre and Maria’s house to have a family home evening and I promised them I would make brownies. They always try to feed us. They are super awesome. I feel like she is my mom here in Matola. I am super pumped for them to get married and baptized here in a few weeks. We have one more couple fighting for documents right now. I really love Matola!
      Samuel used the tie Saul and Kristi gave me before I left and I think he wants to keep it. And I am going to give the CTR ring they gave me to Jr., Andre and Maria’s son, when they get baptized. 

   Well love ya all! Sorry my email is kinda short. I really want to start writing better emails but we have a ton to do today.
 Foto do casamento (Wedding photo)

Foto do batismo da familia Mambero (Mambero family baptism photo)
Zona de conferencia (Zone Conference)

No comments:

Post a Comment