Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11, 2013 - Matola

Hey guys,
   This week has probably been the longest week of my life. 1st off all the new missionaries in our district got here and it is a little weird adjusting. We were all super tight in our last house and could joke around and stuff but now it’s a little different - but things are going good.
  Also, what started out as trying to fix a leaky shower head turned into us having no water for 3 days and taking showers with our neighbors hose sticking through our bathroom window! Our pump has tons of problems, but hopefully this week we can get it all fixed. Some guy came and fixed it enough to where we have water, but the pressure was sky high, so the 1st time I turned on the shower head it exploded -haha! Add it to my list of things to fix in our house this transfer.
   Elections are going on and so this week we are supposed to buy three weeks of food and water! Nothing is really happening though. Don’t worry. I have been learning karate every morning in case things get ugly and I should be a black belt soon!
    We found 2 awesome families. One is Samuel and Maria’s neighbors who are supercool. She gets back from South Africa this week. Samuel got the priesthood last week and is seriously a super-member who is helping us a ton. He has given us a bunch of references and is always inviting people to have family home evening with them at their house! President already has a calling picked out for him and we don’t even teach them - they just teach us!
    Also we found a couple, Lorenso and Acusena, who are cool. He came to church yesterday. I wrote about them last week. Our first lesson was crazy. I asked what she was looking for in a church and she goes ‘the answer to three questions: where did we come from? why are we here? and where are we going after we die?’ I couldn’t believe it. I had to make sure she didn’t already have a plan of salvation pamphlet! But we taught it and the restoration this week to them.
   Hey that is super crazy about the Philippines! Have you heard anything about Chantz? And Ransom wrote me about the Utah thing. That would be awesome. I really think I want to go to UVU.
   Don’t worry about my health, Mom. It’s always supernice.
 Well, love ya guys!
  Elder Bigelow

p.s.  I asked President Kretly about the wedding dresses, and this was his answer:

About the wedding dresses they can send without put any costs, just need to send and put as a used dresses. Because if they put a amount the value, we pay a lot of taxes here!
Thank you for being a great missionary!

Paulo Kretly
President
Mozambique (Angola) Maputo Mission


[President Kretly is Brazilian and his native language is Portuguese. You can really tell J]

No comments:

Post a Comment