Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13, 2014 - Matola

What's up??
     This week we were able to help get Stenho, Andre and Maria’s son, ready for baptism and he was baptized on Saturday by Andre!! It was awesome! I will have to send pics next week. We spent most of our p-day table shopping here in Maputo and we still have to get back to Matola. But also Elder Shumway and Abel, in my district, baptized and married a family and their neighbor that was contacted in the street in my area by Elder Ebmeyer, my last companion. Pretty cool! I got to do their baptismal interviews and they have super strong testimonies.
    Today we played ultimate frisbee with a bunch of elders here in Matola and Stenho and Jr.,  Andre and Maria's kids, were able to come. It was a lot of fun. We are really trying to work a lot more with the members and create more unity between the members and missionaries. We also found a super cool guy to teach named Joao this week. Married in the register with no church!!! But there always has to be catch right? - so he works Sundays right now and his wife doesn't like us …Yet... But he is super smart and read the restoration pamphlet and asked some of the smartest questions I have ever heard. Also Samuel (like in Samuel and Maria well anyways) he got the Melchizedek priesthood this week! Super nice.
   In other news: There is a wall in our house that has a huge hole and rats have been getting in this week, so our house has been a warzone lately! But it is being worked on as we speak. Good thing I practiced mouse stomping with David and Tyler on that old Saint Johns road! Also we are finally getting a new kitchen table - the last one is super gross.
   Also I am going on divisions to the zone leader’s house this week. The first time I will sleep in another house in over 6 months. Kinda pumped. But things are going great - working on helping an inactive family get married and come back strong
    Love all you guys and if you love me you won't judge my spelling! [Don’t worry, Ryan, Mom edits for you!]

                     Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment