Monday, October 8, 2012

October 8, 2012 - Dondo


Hey!
     Man, Dondo is a crazy place. Doing 35 contacts every week trying to find people. That one family we found that wants to get married came to church Sunday! Nice. A lot of people that I really thought would come didn't and we got some pretty funny texts of excuses like ''Hello Irmao (brother) Elders I can't come to church today sorry my pastor told me I can't have 2 churches.'' But things are getting better here - if else nothing my attitude haha. I think we will find more people though. We have started teaching a guy who's wife died and we taught him the plan of salvation. He seems pretty interested. The number of baptism here in Mozambique are going up because of all these contacts.
    Oh I forgot the best news of all! Last week we found a Muslim store in Berra that sells Mountain Dew and Pepsi and Nutella! Maybe I already told you about the Nutella, but dang - super cool!!
    I can't believe they changed the ages of missions to 18 and 19 - that is super cool. I think in Brazil and stuff they had already changed it because we have a Brazilian here right now who is only 18. The world definitely needs more missionaries. David, get ready man! 2 years! Your mission just got a lot closer. Temple in Tuscon - that's way cool. 
    Wednesday was a holiday here which is always crazy. Dia de Paz  or Day of Peace but everybody just got wasted. They had a parade in front of our house. There were a ton of drunk guys trying to fight right outside our house on the street, but they were super drunk. They just took off their shirts and tried to act all tough but they couldn't even see straight enough to hit each other - haha.  Contacting that day was pretty tough but we got our goal of 5!
    Last week we played indoor soccer with a bunch of the other missionaries - super fun - and today we are going to play basketball.
    Things are going well here. It's super hot and we have a pool so that is always a huge temptation. But I haven't given in yet. I just go read the scriptures.
    Can you send me some more recipes please? Simple things. I am tired of eating the same things every week. Maybe banana bread, super good pancakes, yeah - maybe banana pancakes! Hootinnannies, fajitas , and other delicious super fantastic food that is easy to make! 
    And I have a random question - is there a place called Pine Knoll close to where we live? I saw some guy with a Pine Knoll shirt and it sounds super familiar.  I am waiting for the day when I see somebody with an ASU or Round Valley shirt here - I am going to see one - I know it.
                     Thanks for all your letters.  Hope everything is going good. Tell grandma hi for me and tell me more about conference please. I don't know If we will get to watch it.
                                         Love you guys,
                                                                   Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment