Monday, February 25, 2013

February 25, 2013 - Inhamizua


 This week in Mozambique,
            So Elder Ostler left Monday and went down to Maputo. He is the new office elder.  Tuesday I walked with Isias from Manga 3 who walked with Elder Ostler all last transfer. Super nice. But we had to come back early to teach because he is their seminary teacher. I translated for these 3 kids from Utah who are living here with their dad who works for Care for Life. 
         Wednesday I was sick - 1st time on the mission - so I went to the doctors and didn't even get to go out. But I am already feeling better - I just had the flu. 
          Thursday I walked with a branch missionary named Dinho from Manga 3. He wanted to practice English, so we spoke English almost all day, but he translated for me a ton. A lot of our contacts only spoke dialect and we contacted a couple who only spoke French.
           A lot of our families didn't have time to sit this week so we did a lot of contacting. We also had to figure a lot of stuff out with our computer because it crashed last week, but one of my zone leaders helped me and we made some progress. This week we are just going to have to find a ton of new families who have time and are willing to act, which is easier said than done.
             My new companion is Elder Andrade from Cape Verde. My whole house besides me speak Portuguese so I will learn Portuguese way better this transfer! Yesterday we had about 80 people at church which is super nice, and I think they are looking for a new chapel for Inhamizua.
      We have a ton of work to do but I am excited. Last night I walked with the zone leaders who are in Manga 1 so we walked in my old area which was super nice. I'm not sure if I will be 2nd counselor or not in Inhamizua but I'll be good either way!
            Thanks for your letters!
                                                Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment