Monday, March 18, 2013

March 18, 2013 - Inhamizua


Hey,
    Things are nice! Bobo was going to get baptized this Saturday but he will be baptized on the 30th because he has to go to Maputo this week for his work. We invited him to a baptism in Manga and he loved it. Way excited. Saturday we went to his house and he was on the phone teaching his wife all about the word of wisdom. He has changed a ton since we first met him. We also have 2 families  that are progressing and we should get a couple that are both members married on April 12th. We are helping with all the documents this week. 
     Our branch is going okay, but not super fast. Our computer wasn't working for a long time and so now we are trying to do all the records and things we couldn't do in the computer, and it is kind of a headache, but we are making progress. I taught my presidency how to successfully turn on and off our computer a couple of weeks ago and now they can almost do tithing without us helping a ton. 89 at church yesterday! Super nice! 

    This week we are going to go to our area twice a day to try to do contacts in the morning and lessons in the afternoon. We tried to do street contacts this week because I feel like I have knocked every house but half the people we stopped I had already talked too. Inhamizua is just machamba land (farmland} so there are not a ton of houses and they are spread out. If I stay another transfer I don't know how I am going to get 35 contacts a week it is already hard haha.
    The transfer is halfway over - super weird.  A lot of missionaries are leaving and a l lot should be coming so our mission will change a lot.
      Our neighbor’s monkey is never locked up and always comes into our yard - super funny. About the pictures - we aren't really supposed to walk with our camera so I don't take a ton of pictures and they take like eternity to send but I have a lot I have never sent so I will try next week. I am super excited for Rans and Katie and can't wait to see pics next week.
    Bobo asked me to baptize him! He will be the first person I have actually baptized. Tell Holden and Braden congrats for me!! Super cool Holden is going to the Philipines. Is Tanner married yet? Love you guys.  Over and out
                                                                              Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment