Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20, 2013 - Last week in Inhamizua


Well transfers were super crazy and unexpected  again!
     My streak of always changing comps stays alive. I thought for sure I was going to stay one more here in Inhamizua and see the couples here get married but I just got transferred to the middle of Maputo! Actually to the very first house and area I ever walked in when I first got here in the country! I will be in the same house as the assistants and office elders. I am super excited! I catch a plane tomorrow morning. 
     This week president came up and he did a training for all the district and zone leaders about the 7 habits of highly effective people which was awesome. He has been doing them for a while. I really want to read all of those books when I get home. Also he looked for land for a new chapel in Inhamizua and we got to have interveiws. The Inhamizua elders are going to start going out to Dondo and working once a week as well. There are two families there who really want to be baptized. So my area now should have a lot of success next transfer. My companion will be Elder Wartina from Orem. He is way cool. And Blake emailed me today. 
   I am going from the middle of the jungle here to the middle of a huge city. It will be the 1st time I have really worked in a city except Nampula but it was a lot smaller. A lot smaller. 
     Some Highlights from Inhamizua:
  - the Inhamizua Zombie
  - 2 mac and his album: get dream or die trying
  - Bobo
  - 4 companions in one area: Hoffman, Ostler, Andrade, Awbrey
  - being in the branch presidency
  - Monkeys all over the place by Pinto's
  - Chapas, chapas and more chapas 
  - jungle and machambas everywhere
  - fixing our bikes and helping Pasqua and Amisse get married
  - the two couples we found this transfer
  Our branch is getting a lot better. We have had over 80 people for the last 3 weeks. I am really going to miss this place. I have been here for 4 transfers and have seen a lot happen. Maputo is going to be awesome though. Thanks for the emails. Love you guys
  Until tomorrow’s day!  (It just means ‘see you later’ but a lot of people say it here when they try to say tomorrow) 
                                         Elder Bigelow
Pictures!



More pictures!

 Que bencao ainda mais!!


No comments:

Post a Comment