Monday, May 27, 2013

May 27, 2013 - Maputo

Maputo is super nice!
   Our house has a dryer!! I haven't seen one of those since the MTC. There is a place called Preimeire where we do our shopping that is huge it makes the Shopright in Beirra look like a Family Dollar compared to Walmart or something. It's funny because I remember the first time I went to Beirra from Nampula I thought Shopright was the best thing ever! Our church is super close to our house and is 3 or 4 stories. There are tons of people to talk to but it's way different. Every one here is in a hurry to get to work or home. I feel like I just got transferred from like Pie Town to downtown Phoenix haha. 
   My companion and Elder Coombs (who just went home) have worked their butts off here and next week we are baptizing a family!! I am so excited! Aderito and Fatima - they are awesome. I really hope the 2 families I helped in Inhamizua get baptized.
    By the way, the picture of the family I sent last week was Candido and Domingas and their son Joao (John) super original. And the things in my hands on the railroad racks were just umbrellas.
     I live in the best house in the mission. The secretaries (Ostler and Miller) and assistants live in our house as well and right now I am emailing you from the mission office. Our district and branch has 8 missionaries. The sisters (the only 2 in Mozambique) are in our zone. They are kind of training each other because they came at the same time and are the first sisters here. Elder Wartena and I have been doing ‘12 weeks,’ a new training program, with them this week. They are doing super well and have already had some baptisms. Our branch is doing super well and this weekend we have a lot going on - our couple will get married Friday, baptized Saturday and confirmed Sunday.
    Well things are going great here and life is good. 
   Have Dad and David write me about Black River through Dads email and next week I can write them back
        Love you guys,

                                  Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment