Saturday, May 11, 2013

May 6, 2013 - Inhamizua


Wow sounds like you guys had a way crazier week than me. Tell Dad I love him and hope he feels better. You guys will have to tell me all about it on mothers day next week. So here is the plan for calling. The Bueno's have offered to let us use skype on Sunday and I scheduled for 15 thirty our time I have no idea what time it will be there like 6 thirty in the morning I think. Can you guys look and make sure? Also if you could send an email saying if that will work or not and your skype username before Sunday that would be awesome. Can you do like 3 way skypes? Because I super want to talk to Anne and Wes, Ransom and Katie and their kids as well. I don't know if it would be possible to try to set that up before I call? If not don't worry about it. I will check my email right before and if skype won't work I will just call.
      Well this week we had a marriage at our chapel. It went well and we officially have one more married couple in our branch! Hopefully it will show the other unmarried couple it is possible and it is worth it to keep the law of chastity. Pasqua and Amisse were way happy. So we baked them a wedding cake. (If there is time I will send you a picture) But we stayed up forever the night before and it didn't really look too amazing but they loved it!! Said it tasted super good. We did homemade whip cream, chocolate chips and 2 layers with strawberry jelly in the middle. Elder De Oliveira helped us a ton.
   My dreams came true this week and we fixed up some old bikes that were sitting in our chapel to use in our area. They were way trashed so we paid an investigator named Candido who has a little bike shop hut to fix them up for us. He is awesome and I think for sure they will be baptized. Remember these names: Candido and Domingas. They are the next couple to be baptized in Inhamizua. I had division with the zone leaders this week and we taught them the law of chastity and they accepted it and are already working on documents.
      The mission is changing a lot along with the church here in Mozambique!! Beirra is superclose to having a stake and this weekend there were some meetings for the presidencies we went to about how close we are and what we need to do to prepare. Inhamizua branch is way behind the other branches but we are working our hardest to help it. President Kretley wants to be able to start the papers for Beira to become a stake in October! Super excited. They assigned a guy from Beira named Jack Sandies to attend Inhamizua every week and come to our presidency meetings and everything to help out our branch. He is super awesome and served a mission here and in Angola. He is going to help a ton.
      There are only 2 more weeks this transfer and I think I will probably be leaving. I already have been here 4 transfers but we will see what happens. Super cool about our stake presidency! Love you guys! Hope everything goes good this week for Dad.  Until Sunday.
            Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment