Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July 1, 2013 - Maputo

Transferred again!!!
   So there have been a ton of changes this transfer. 8 new elders and 2 sisters came. 6 elders left.  2 more sisters came and some areas opened up so me and my companion both left Maputo 2. The office elders will stay here with the sisters. I really feel so blessed to have served here though, and helped Aderito and Fatima get married and baptized. We also found a really cool family last week, Lucas and Marta, who came to church yesterday. We will give them to the office elders to teach. I am going to Matola - about 30 or 40 minutes out of Maputo - to be with Elder Fontes from Brazil. I will learn super good Portuguese and am way excited. This week’s zone conference was amazing! This weekend I walked with Elder Hamrick, one of the new elders from California. It was awesome. I love walking with new missionaries. I think working in the city was a great experience for me and I have learned a lot. Also cool thing our branch mission leader from Nampula, Augustinho, got his call to England but is serving in my Matola house until he gets his visa! I walked with him a lot in my 1st two transfers in Nampula and he is the one who actually found Joseph a place to live when he got kicked out of his house. I talked to him during zone conference and it was awesome. I also saw another kid who we were teaching his family but he was the only one who ever really came to church in Nampula on the street this week who lives in Matola.
   Does David have his own email yet?  Tell him I say happy birthday and that I love him. I can’t believe he is 17!! And I hope he is having fun in Kansas. I am super happy that you guys got to go to Utah to see Morris be blessed. Tell everybody hi for me!
   Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment