Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 22, 2013 - Matola

Hey ,
    Well the open house is going great. It will last all week. We are just doing tons of contacts and inviting them to come with us to see the church but it’s not as easy as it sounds haha. We have been walking to our area from the church which is like 20 minutes walking and then hitch-hiking and inviting whoever takes us to come in and it’s been working. The first car that took us were all Muslim so you can guess how that went, but the second car was a super nice couple who came with us. There are about 10 big banners inside and we take the people around and show them all the banners that are about the restoration. It’s really awesome and the spirit is super strong.
     Also Bobo, the guy I baptized in Inhamizua, remember how I told you guys the week after he was baptized and confirmed he left to Nampula and I was sad because he will make an awesome leader? Well he went up there and never really went to church. I can understand it would be super hard not knowing anybody and him and the missionaries could never meet up. Then he changed phones and so I couldn’t even call him and I was super sad because I thought for sure I would never be able to get a hold of him again and he would just stay inactive. But then I remembered that we taught his friend in Inhamizua as well so I called Inhamizua Elders and they got me his friend’s number from the area book and he had Bobo’s new number. So last week I called him and he didn’t really seem too excited and had not been to church, so I invited him but it was kinda iffy. So later I felt like I should text him 2nd Nephi 31 to read, and he texted me back and told me he read it and was going back to church on Sunday. So I called the missionaries and had it all set up and he went and he called me afterwards super excited. The missionaries are going to help him get the priesthood and are super excited because they think he will make a great leader as well. And his family is moving up to live with him as well in Nampula so they can be taught by the missionaries.
    Things are going great. We should get tons of references from the open house and we have 3 families who are doing great. I am super excited. Today we played soccer with a bunch of youth from the Matola branches. It was way fun. Well sorry I don’t have a ton of time to write but tell everyone hi for me at the reunion. Love ya guys!
 Elder Bigelow
 Matola Chapel
President Kretly at open house
Bunch of goofy Elders!

No comments:

Post a Comment