Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23, 2013 - Matola

Merry Christmas!!!
     Well it really doesn’t feel much like Christmas when it is super hot, but Christmases on a mission are awesome! You are focused on your purpose and on Jesus Chrust all the time. I have never had a December go by so fast in my life and I probably never will again.
     This week was super nice. My new companion, Elder Jarvis, is awesome. We worked super hard and were able to find 3 new families to teach. We also helped Abreu get some of his other
documents for marriage. They want to get married and baptized February 8th. As a family they have already almost finished the entire Book of Mormon. They are already halfway through Mormon. And did I tell you one of their daughters is named Beyonce! Super nice. They are progressing super well. 
     Also this week we talked to Andre and Maria about baptizing their other son, Stenho. When we baptized them they wanted to wait for him to be baptized because he has to go out and live by himself at school in a super small town outside of Matola until he can transfer to a closer school. But he is only going to be gone for like a month in February so we are going to baptize him next week. This week we taught a law of chastity lesson to a couple who had a bunch of doubts and Andre and Maria came with us. One of the best lessons I have been in on my mission! Having members who have sacrificed, repented and changed bare their testimony invites the spirit so much into lessons and our recent converts love teaching so its a win win win situation.
   Yesterday we watched the first presidency Christmas devotional and after that all of us missionaries here in Matola and the Kretlys did a small Christmas presentation  with songs and narration for all the members. Tomorrow we have zone conference and I will call home Wednesday.
     Mom can you please send me the recipe for Navajo tacos? Thanks and also Saul and Kristi’s email address and can you guys forward me Holden’s letters. I still haven’t gotten any, 
    Thanks. Talk to you guys on Christmas!


 Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment