Monday, December 10, 2012

December 10, 2012 - Inhamizua


    Well This week went pretty well. A lot of stuff happened. I got kicked out of my old house on Tuesday morning and took a taxi to my next house which is really close to the Manga chapel. My old house is way nicer but I have had awesome luck with houses so I can't complain. We went out to Inhamizua and started working Tuesday afternoon. It's about a 30 minute chapa ride each way so we usually leave earlier and get back a little earlier so that we don't miss the last chapa to get back that leaves at about 20. Tuesday night we had no power all night and it was super hot. We are getting into the rainy season and it's pretty crazy.  
        So President and Sister Kretley came up Friday and we had a huge Christmas party with us and the Beira Zones. We had an awesome training that helped me a ton, ate a ton of good food, had like a talent show thing and I got your package!  Yesterday I got to have an interview with president which was way nice. 
      Inhamizua has been a branch for a long time and has a ton of inactives. We are trying to really find some new families to teach and baptize. That one guy Elder Largent and I talked to back in October never really went anywhere. Yesterday it rained a ton!! We had to where rain boots to church. Manga was practically all underwater but when it rains usually a lot of people don't show up to church. We started Sacrament meeting with 5 people and that may or may not have been including me and Elder Hoffman. But by the end we had about 25. Usually the attendance is about 70ish I think. Our branch meeting is only two hours long, which is weird, but I'm excited to be working with Elder Hoffman out there. He is a way cool guy. I spoke in church yesterday - the 1st time since Luaha when I had a Macua translator. I got asked Saturday night and I talked about the Plan of Salvation and focused on the Atonement. I just felt like I was teaching a lesson. My comp ended up speaking too because our speakers didn't come.
    By the way, I only opened a few presents from your package - like Buffalo sauce!! way nice and the photo album because I knew what they were  - I didn't want to have to buy sauce this week. 
     Elder Ostler is still walking in our old area and a branch missionary, Isaias, walks with him every day. He is the Manga branch mission leader and a way cool kid - I have a lot of respect for him. Mozambique has the coolest jovems (youth) ever. This place is really going to take off when they are older because their generation is not so rooted in a bunch of false traditions and a lot are going to serve missions and come back and help the church here a lot. I really think I will be here when the first stake gets organized! Super excited.
       I don't know if you guys know the Kretley's blog and I don't know what it is but you should try to find it it's way nice. The Beirra Zone last transfer had an idea for group weddings and baptisms and each dupla helped a couple get ready and they had 8 couples all get married on a Friday, baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday!! Coolest idea ever and they are going to start doing these every month or every other month here.
                  Scripture of the week - my new favorite - John 16:33
           Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment