Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17, 2012 - Inhamizua




December 17, 2012
MY 20th BIRTHDAY! 

Hey,
               Well I think we might have to swim home! It is raining super hard here in Beira. It was pretty fun getting here though.
               I was going to skype but it was only for 30 min. on Sunday and it would be at like 5 in the morning for you guys so I think I will just call on Christmas instead. I will try to call you guys and Ransom at least but I don't know how much time I will get. Thanks for your numbers and I will just let you know Monday which time I will call at for sure.
              Church was good yesterday. It didn't rain so we had a lot more people. A lot of our investigators didn't come but we found and taught a new family this week that actually came and seemed way interested. The Manga and Beira zones are going to start doing group marriages every month. One month in Beira and the next in Manga. January is our turn and we are trying to find people who want to do it from our area but so far no luck. There are certain requirements and they have to get all their documents ready by a certain date but we are going to invite this new family this week to get married on the 25th of January, baptized the 26th and confirmed the 27th! So hopefully it works out. My companion is in the branch presidency and so we have been doing a lot of work with them this week.
We are going to have a big Christmas party Saturday so today we have a ton of shopping to do. Time is going by super fast! it's almost 2013 but the world is supposed to end the 22nd? Colton said people are freakin out in Argentina because a lot of people really believe it down there.
             I saw a big lizard this week that was orange with a blue head! It was at one of our investigators house. He wasn't even scared of it.  I asked him what it was and he just said “salamander” but I think he might need glasses. Super weird - people aren't scared of those things but are deathly scared of Chameleons. 
      Last night we didn't have energy (power) till like 3 o’clock in the morning. It's super funny when energy goes out here because when it comes back on you can hear everyone cheering. This week should be pretty interesting and full of contacts trying to find new families.
        Thanks for the package and all the emails! Hope everyone has a great week!
                                                                   Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment